matte glitter

September 14, 2014






I'm probably late to the party but I was not aware how awesome matte nails were lol! I mean I've always seen it and knew it was there but did not actually try the effect for myself. I am obsessed now...oh yesss lol. So today I did a matte glitter effect. I used two coats of Essie Chinchilly. Such a lovely color. It is gray with purple undertones. Lately I have been into gray. Not a color I normally put on but I didn't realize how much I liked the color on my nails lol. I could have left it like that but I felt like jazzing up my nails a bit. So I added a coat of L.A. Colors Color Craze Sparkling Diamonds as a topper. I didn't want the glitter to be overly shiny and glittery, so I muted it by adding a coat of N.Y.C Matte Me Crazy mattifying top coat. I definitely like how it turned out. It looks as though the glitter is suspended in the nail color as opposed to just being a topper. I really like the whole "non-shine" thing with a matte finish. Sometimes you just want something other than a glistening look lol. This matte polish was pretty good considering how inexpensive it was. Almost all nail brands offer matte top coats so it depends on your preference. Hopefully you have tried the matte effect on your nails. If not definitely give it a try. Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Only good vibes here. Let me know what you think! - Irene