nude & yellow ∙ french manicure

August 18, 2014






I was feeling inspired by the warm weather and decided to a summer french manicure. The french manicure is my all time favorite type of nail art to do. I don't do a lot nail art, but when I want something simple and chic yet easy to do, I come to this. I have been doing this type of manicure since my high school days and I have yet to tire of it lol.

For my manicure I used a nude as well a a yellow polish color. I chose OPI "Don't Pretzel My Buttons" and Julep "Lexie". I prepped my nails & cuticles as I normally do, and coated my nails with base coat. Then I painted each nail with two thin coats of OPI "Don't Pretzel My buttons, allowing each coat to dry completely. Then with a steady hand, I painted a stripe of Julep "Lexie" across the tips of each nail as neatly as possible and allowed to dry completely. Then I painted each nail with a coat of top coat.

tips:
  • I did the tips of my nails freehand, and I understand this might be hard for everyone to do. You can use nail art pens and/or french manicure guides, which are supplied by almost all nail polish brands and can be found in drugstores. I have also found sharpies to be useful too. But make sure when using a sharpie that you are using it on nail color and NOT on your bare nail as it may be harder to get off. 


2 comments:

  1. I love tiny french tips! They're such a great way to add a bit of color :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yes they are! I prefer tiny french tips they are so chic to me lol

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Only good vibes here. Let me know what you think! - Irene