negative space manicure

August 12, 2014



Ahh the negative space manicure. It is a manicure that involves leaving your nail "bare" in certain areas while still incorporating color in designs and shapes in others. I don't know too much other than this type of manicure has been a big trend in the nail designs of various models displaying designer collections during Fashion Week. It's pretty cool lol. It's also an easy manicure to do too.

For this look I used Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in "Lingering Spice", a reddish pink color. I kept my design really simple, lining the edge of a piece of scotch tape horizontally across the middle of each nail tightly. On each nail the top half of the nail was painted with 2 thin coats of color, while the other half was left bare or used as the "negative space". I also used base and top coat.

tips:
  • While you can use any color you want, it seems this manicure pops when using opaque, medium-to-dark polish colors.


2 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your mani! I may try this out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Yes its so easy hat's why I love it lol!! Hopefully you add it into some upcoming manis :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Only good vibes here. Let me know what you think! - Irene